UPDATE NEWS - TEAM FORTRESS CLASSIC
Full Change History:
[-] April 28, 2004 (current release)
[+] April 02, 2004
- Improved game demo recording performance under Steam
[+] March 23, 2004
- Added a command line option ("-noaafonts") to disable anti-aliasing on fonts
- Replace "#" with " " if it is the first character in a player's in-game name
[+] March 09, 2004
- Prevent the "connection to server lost due to level change" error
[+] February 09, 2004
- Changed HTTP download behavior to retry connections using old trickle download method if it can't download all files.
- Fixed a crash bug when connecting to a dedicated server with an empty mapcycle.
- Fixed a bug where MP3 volume wasn't working properly.
- Fixed "STEAM UserID 0:0:1 is already in use on this server" message when connecting to LAN servers in offline mode.
- Fixed memory leak in HLTV.
[+] January 15, 2004
- Small CPU optimizations
- Stop motdfile from having "..", "\", "/" or ":" characters in its filename
- Added new command line option "-dll". Syntax is -dll [game_dll_to_load]
- Fix for updated files on the server not getting to the client when using compression
- Fixed extremely large rcon packets not being returned correctly
[+] December 10, 2003
- Fixed custom decals not being downloaded from the server correctly
- Fixed custom decals drawing incorrectly for the host of a listen server after another player joins
- Fixed vgui textures being corrupted after going over a number of level changes
- Fixed problem where player would be sometimes be forced to look straight up after task switching in and out of game in fullscreen d3d mode
- Fixed problem in sound system where it wouldn’t properly be shutdown at the end of a .wav file
- Fixed banner picture not working correctly in HLTV
- Fixed error message that was cut off when a player was disconnected from a game server
- Changed the way that Asian fonts are displayed in game for compatibility on more platforms
[+] November 26, 2003
- Optimized some of the particle drawing code
- For mod makers - debugging mods no longer requires the steam.dll to be copied into the game directory
- Fixed problem in Direct3D mode where the game would be unavailable for some users. Direct3D mode should work now, but note that OpenGL will provide a better play experience if your video card is capable
- Fixed regression that was causing the 'load failed' crash to happen on level change
- Fixed icon for ALT-TAB menu and window title bar not being displayed properly
- Moved flaginfo to the chat text area so it will work properly
[+] November 12, 2003
- Added extra progress indicators for downloading & initializing VAC security modules
- Removed 'cmd dlfile' console command from being accessed directly from the console
- Fixed servers not being in world list if they specified a region on startup
[+] October 10, 2003
- Added check to make sure only one instance of the game is running
- Added code to try help diagnose the 'filesystem dll not found' sporadic error
- Added some more info to help debug 'could not load filesystem' error
- Added fallback to software mode if selected video mode is not supported when game tries to start
- Added compression to server->client file transfers, reduces connection time downloading security module -- controlled by "sv_filetransfercompression" cvar.
- Changed error string "BADPASSWORD" to be a friendly string
- Changed default player name to be the users' friends name
- Fixed "condump" command
- Fixed corrupted VGUI2 text when using the TriAPI (only happened in mods)
- Added greater control of game startup background & layout -- controlled by resource/BackgroundLayout.txt, BackgroundLoadingLayout.txt
- Increase MAX_HUD_SPRITES from 128 to 256
- Added avi playback option to game startup - the text file media/StartupVids.txt contains the list of avi's to play
- Changed missing models to only be fatal error when developer cvar > 1
- Fixed a Steam authentication error ("Invalid User ID Ticket") that occurred when connecting to any server which was run from the Steam Games list
- Fixed startup crash where the text file buffer wasn't always terminated correctly causing bad info to be parsed out
- Fixed mouse cursor staying visible when alt-tabbing back into the game when in windowed mode
- Fixed corrupted VGUI2 text when using the TriAPI
- Fixed bug where singleplayer games were listed in the Mods list for HLDS.
- Fixed bug where the Mod previously used wasn't being loaded properly (and saved) the next time you ran HLDS.
- Fixed 'load failed' error causing players to timeout from server during level changes
- Fixed problem pulling crates in half-life
- Fixed mp3 volume slider not taking effect immediately
- Fixed changing the bitdepth in video options not making the apply button show up
- Fixed downloading of custom content from a server never saying 'complete'
- Fixed sponsor banner never being shown in the game
- Fixed game menus still be clickable even when hidden by game load dialog
- Fixed crash opening options dialog if "voice_enable 0" was in the config.cfg file
- Fixed timer graphic not displaying in Counter-Strike
[+] September 09, 2003
- fixed teleporter crash
- fixed spectator crash
[+] August 11, 2003 beta
- Added skins support to Steam (\platform\skins).
- Added new cvar "sv_region" to describe the region the server is in.
- Added "region" concept to server browser.
- Added range check for "gamma" cvar.
- Removed dependency on WON protocols.
- HLTV: Maximum number of connected spectators is tracked ('status' command).
- HLTV: Switched 'autoretry' behavior back to the way it was in 184.108.40.206.
- HLTV: Added 'hltv' to heartbeat.
- HLTV: Removed dependency on Won protocols.
- Fixed bug with MOTD not being displayed.
- Fixed talk icon not displaying sometimes.
- Fixed MP3s being looked for in the wrong folder.
- Fixed MP3 playback in being cutoff sometimes.
- Fixed bug with the "kick" command.
- Fixed bug where you couldn't enter a hostname that started with a number.
- Fixed mouse support for 3dfx cards.
- Fixed HTML scrollbars not showing up sometimes.
- Fixed "hostname" being initialized to "Half-Life" for Listen servers (for all Mods).
- HLTV: Fixed 'record' to continue recording demos after reconnect.
- HLTV: Fixed cheering bug.
[+] July 22, 2003 beta
- Fixed problem with clients getting "could not load gfx.wad" errors.
- Fixed infinite loop due to malformed infostring.
- Fixed format string crash bug in logging.
- Fixed screen becoming corrupt when using alt-tab with ATI cards.
- Fixed crash when using alt-tab while a sentence was playing.
[+] June 24, 2003 beta
- Fixed bug where voice initialization would not work properly.
- Added support for speex voice codec.
[+] June 05, 2003 beta
- Fixed bug where ping times could be displayed incorrectly for game servers.
- Fixed bug that made server list appear slowly for server browser.
[+] March 03, 2003 beta
- Valve Anti-Cheat is now active in the Steam beta
- Added "servercfgfile" cvar back into the engine.
- Changed references from woncomm.lst to valvecomm.lst.
- Added disconnect and resume buttons to the main menu.
- Added in Steam monitoring tool. This will display Steam activity on your machine.
- Update news is displayed during the launch of the game if content is being downloaded.
- Optimized protocol for Steam content delivery.
- Server browser can be refreshed using the F5 key.
- Moved muting and friends status out of the scoreboard. This is handled in the Player List section of the UI.
- You can run multiple copies of the same application now. This is most useful for Dedicated Servers.
- Added Hearts and Spades to Friends mini-games.
- HLTV: New command "clearbanns" - removes all IPs from bann list.
- Added "mapchangecfgfile" cvar. Set this to the filename of the file you want run on map change.
- Fixed bug with custom decals.
- Fixed bug where CD Audio CD tracks were never being played even if there was a valid CD in the drive.
- Fixed bug with pausing/starting MP3 streams when console/UI is brought up and closed again.
- Fixed bug where game could crash when initializing MSS sound thread.
- Fixed bug in server browser if you uparrow or downarrow in an empty list and then "connect".
- Fixed a number of bugs related to Friends messages.
- Fixed format string crash bug when logging.
- Fixed server freeze/crash exploit caused by malformed userinfo information in connect packets.
- Fixed potential exploits due to buffer overflows in infostring handling.
- HLTV: Fixed "NULL" player names in HLTV demos.
- Fixed bug where TFC dedicated servers would not show up in the server browser.
[+] January 16, 2003 beta
- Fixed where game would freeze during gameplay
- Complete rework of launcher UI.
- Added support for Valve Anti-Cheat.
- Added ability for Engineer to build teleporter (entrance and exit).
- Added new map "Ravelin".
- Updated version of Dustbowl.
- Changed initial sniper armor from 0 to 25.
- Damaged buildings (sentries, dispensers, teleporters) will now spark and smoke.
- Engine supports masked and additive textures modes on models.
- Added widescreen monitor support (16:9 and 5:4).
- HLTV log files has time stamp in file name
- Don't relay admin_mod commands to spectators like rate, cl_updaterate, etc.
- If connected to HLTV, allow higher ex_interp values.
- Improved load times to join servers.
- Changed "Press duck for menu" message to HUD style message and made it last for 6 seconds.
- Reduced default sv_maxupdaterate value from 60 to 30.
- Added "timeleft" TFC client command to query the amount of time left before the server cycles the map.
- Default HLTV updaterate will be 10 (not 20) to save bandwidth.
- Changed default network rate to match max rate allowed (from 9999 to 20000), for LAN servers.
- Added server cvar "sv_lan_rate" which specifies the rate to use for all clients on a lan server, default is 20000.
- Added "sv_log_onefile" to determine whether one log file is created (total) or one log file for each map change, which is how it currently is. The default is the current behavior (one for each map change).
- Fixed bug where players who were frozen could travel up ladders.
- Fixed spy being able to move up ladders while feigned.
- Fixed teledeath messsage for telefrag death to include "teledeath" as the weapon.
- Fixed problem with looping Assault Cannon sound getting stuck
- Fixed problem with AC gun never dry firing
- Fixed a bug with view model colors and first-person spectator mode.
- Fixed bug where defensive demoman could lay pipebombs/detpack in spawn room (on maps like Dustbowl) and kill offensive team when teams cycle to the next area.
- Fixed engineer not being able to build while ducking.
- Fixed Status Bar not showing player IDs correctly.
- Fixed bug in TFC armor hud graphic where the percentage armor shown wasn't correct for each class.
- Fixed spectator mode switching your view to a new player if the player you're watching dies.
- Fixed not being able to pick team "Spectator" when you first join the TFC server.
- Fixed not being able to pick your own class again if you have hud_classautokill set to 0 (in TFC)
- Fixed TFC green say_team command buttons for Hunted and Dustbowl.
- Fixed TFC bug where players could change teams/classes quickly and end up with the wrong weapons for their class.
- Fixed TFC bug where sentry gun could become detached from the base and still work.
- Fixed TFC spies, hw guys, and scouts not being able to drop their cells.
- Fixed demo playback for demos containing svc_filetxferfailed messages.
- Fixed bug with HLTV director command 'stufftext'
- Removed command "dem_edit", use "hl.exe -demoedit" instead.
- HLTV now handles svc_setview correctly
- Fixed demo recording after changelevel.
- Fixed bug where players could duck while traveling up ladders and not lose any speed (but the sound volume was reduced).
- Fixed players being able to move up ladders faster than their maxspeed.
- Fixed bug with chat input and PIP overlapping while in spectator mode.
- Fixed spectator bug where you can't always cycle forwards and backwards through the players (you can only cycle one direction).
- Fixed sv_visiblemaxplayers setting not working for info/details query response.